Adding another successfully done recipe to my steamed cupcakes and muffins collection. This time, it's called steamed butter cheese cupcakes. Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients (A): 80g Cheddar cheese, 60g cream cheese, 80g butter, 120ml milk
Ingredients (B): 3 eggs, 100g molasses sugar
Ingredients (C): 210g self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Cook ingredients (A) over low heat until dissolved (not boiling), set aside.
2. Beat ingredients (B) until thick (I use a hand whisk).
3. Combine (1) and (2), sift ingredients C gradually into batter. Fold in gently with a rubber spatula. Do not over-mix.
4. Scoop 2 tablespoons batter into a cupcake holder. You will need 9-10 cupcake holders.
5. Steam for 15 minutes. They are ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Soft, moist, and fluffy! Perfect for brekkie and tea. :)