Eggless Cheddar Cheese Pancakes with Honey Butter
Pancakes are awesome, even the eggless ones. I love making pancakes for weekend brunches. This recipe combines cheese, butter, and honey. Heavenly!
Recipe adapted from here.
200g cheddar cheese, shredded
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
(For honey butter)
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey
Mix butter and honey until smooth in a small bowl and set aside in room temperature.
1 ripe banana, sliced
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in shredded cheese.
2. In a small bowl, lightly beat yogurt, milk, and butter until smooth.
3. Add yogurt-milk-butter mixture all at once to dry ingredients; stir until slightly moistened (batter will be thick).
4. For each pancake, spread 1 heaping tablespoon batter in hot, lightly greased fry pan.
5. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and brown underside.
6. Spoon a dollop of honey butter over each pancake and garnish with banana slices.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organized by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Jozelyn from Spice Up My Kitchen at this post (June 2014: Butter).