Learning to give thanksWednesday, November 28, 2012
A while ago, I wrote about gratitude - the biggest lesson to learn as long as I'm still breathing. It really isn't as simple as it sounds; in fact, it's easier said than done. There are so many occasions whereby I fail to give thanks and instead I start to find fault and blame everything around me but myself. LOL.
So, I'm listing down some of the things I think I can do to practice giving thanks.
1. Pray. The Lord says so in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Always rejoice, unceasingly pray, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
2. Compliment / praise, not criticize. Every thing looks so good when I'm not being mean. Gotta look to the bright side more often. :)
3. Accept challenges. Okay, a good example would be driving. I'm learning to accept that traffic jam is no big deal. It's a challenge but it's not life-threatening. Thank You Lord that I have a car to drive around.
4. Remember P's and Q's. Ahhh, I should do this more often. I always take this for granted and sometimes I don't mean what I say. Gotta learn more.
5. Smile, not frown. Ahhh, I should do this more often too. Never underestimate the power of a simple smile.
6. Appreciate what I don't have. Yeah, it's all in God's good hands and timing. Gotta let go and let God.