Greek Baked Chicken in Yogurt (Diana Henry)
I was so glad I baked this chicken dish for dinner with my hubby and 14m2w toddler. It was easy to bake and I believed all three of us has lots of yummies in our tummies. Hahaha!
Recipe adapted from Pure Simple Cooking by Diana Henry or here.
(Serves 2 adults and 1 toddler)
2 large chicken breasts, skins removed, cut into fillets
A little salt & ground pepper (because my toddler will be eating too)
2 tablespoons rice bran oil (you can also use olive oil, grapeseed oil, or virgin coconut oil)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup Greek yogurt (I used the full fat version)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled (I used Arla's snack pack version with mixed herbs)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Season chicken with salt and ground pepper. Add rice bran oil to a frying pan and brown chicken over medium heat on both sides (they do not need to be fully cooked). Remove chicken and place on a plate. Add chopped onions to the pan. Saute until golden.
2. Combine yogurt, egg, flour, feta, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Lay onion and chicken on the bottom of a baking dish. Spread yogurt evenly on top and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 45 minutes. The yogurt will turn golden and custardy.
4. Remove from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with side dish (I serve with a side of lightly buttered cauliflower, broccoli, and peas).
|The golden and custardy yogurt top.|
|Succulent, moist, and tender chicken fillets.|
|Served with lightly buttered cauliflower, broccoli, and peas.|
I'm linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) for this week's theme, What Came First? ... The Chicken or the Egg?