Let's keep this short, sweet, and simple.
1. To be BIGGER doesn't mean we can or need to do a lot more things FOR God. Our natural understanding is that bigger equals more capable, more able, and things like that. Well, it's not.
2. To be BIGGER, we need to come back to the basic by knowing what does becoming a human being mean. It simply means acknowledging the facts that:
* we're made in God's image (Gen. 1:26-27)
* we can do nothing apart from the Lord (John 15:5)
3. To be BIGGER, we need to realize that what we are is more important than what we can do for God. It's a matter of being a human BEING, not human DOING.
4. To be BIGGER means we're subjected to responsibility and accountability for our deeds in our daily living despite the fact that God has given us freedom of choice. We can't blame others or circumstances for things that we did.
5. To be BIGGER means God enlarges our capacities, especially in our ability to hear His speaking. He enlarges us, not for us to do a lot of things for Him. He wants us to have the capacity to listen to Him and that He can deal with us. However, God does this based on where we are in our Christian journey. So, it differs from individual to individual.
"I exhort you therefore, brothers, through the compassions of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and well pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:1-2, Recovery Version