According to Workology "Workplace Zodiac", there are eight types of work personalities: The General, The Workhorse, The Mediator, The Medic, The Artist, The Dreamer, The Cheerleader, and The Number Cruncher.
After reading their descriptions, I believe I'm a Workhorse.
- Workhorses keep their heads down and eyes focused on getting the job done.
- Workhorses need to receive clear direction and critical tasks from The General.
- Workhorses deliver results on time, all the time - what more could a General want?
- Workhorses work well with artists - even on the 78th revision, the workhorse is by the artist's side to get things done.
- Workhorses need Mediators to clear hurdles to keep going without distraction.