It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's the time of the year to relax and feel like a kid again! It's the time of the year to bake and cook Christmas goodies!
All-Butter Shortbread Cookies
To start off my collection of December's yummylicious goodies, I choose to bake Diana Henry's rich and sweet all-butter shortbread.
Recipe from here.
(Makes 18-20 cookies)
250g butter, at room temperature
125g icing sugar (I used fine molasses sugar)
225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 pinch salt
1. Put butter and sugar into a mixer and beat on low speed for about 30 seconds.
2. Add flour and salt and beat again on low speed for about 4 minutes.
3. Bring the dough together in your hands and roll into a ball. Knead very lightly on a floured work surface and roll out into a sheet 1cm thick.
4. Preheat oven to 130°C.
5. Cut out rounds with a 6cm biscuit cutter and transfer onto a couple of sheets of baking parchment set on a baking sheet, making sure there is plenty of space between each biscuit. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Bake the shortbread for 45 minutes, until lightly golden. Transfer to a cooling rack. The biscuits will still seem soft when they're done, but will harden as they cool.
I'm linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) for this week's theme, Gifts from the Heart!
I'm also linking this post to Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2014 organized by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.