My simple fried tom yum beehoon turns out to be rather good but I like my fried beehoon bone-dry. This one is a little too wet. :P
- Beehoon (soak in water)
- Garlic (chopped)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (sliced thinly)
- 3 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- Chicken breast meat
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- Oyster mushroom
- Sawi (separate stalks from leaves)
- Tom yum paste (1.5 tablespoon)
- Cooking oil
- Heat up cooking oil in a pan.
- Add garlic, onions, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves; stir fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken breast meat; stir fry until meat turns white.
- Add carrots and sawi stalks; stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add oyster mushroom and sawi leaves.
- Add tom yum paste.
- Mix everything evenly.
- Turn off heat when you feel it's time to do so!
By the way, cooking is really therapeutic for me, a great way to unwind after driving a long way back from work. :)