- Hubby & I had dinner on Friday night with some of my Singapore colleagues at Cha Cha Cha Mexican Restaurant, Holland Village.
- The Mexican dishes were really good - tortillas, burritos, fajitas, nachos, quesadilla, you name it. We should have tried the margaritas.
- By the way, I whacked almost all guacamole - that green, creamy avocado stuff - from the plates. Oops.
Saturday early noon
- The next day, we had brunch with JC & her husband IL at The Marmalade Pantry, ION Orchard.
- Hubby & I shared a cupcake called The Granny's Apple. I'm not a fan of cupcakes, but this one wasn't too bad. For my mild caffeine fix, I had a cup of Latte with a cube of brown sugar.
- Then, we adjourned to Dhoby Ghaut station and Park Mall.
Saturday late noon & evening
- Late noon, we met up with KT & his wife WN. We took a stroll along the streets from Park Mall to Raffles City. The weather was really good - gentle breeze and lovely sunshine. Perfect!
- I really enjoyed the sense of security. For once, I wasn't paranoid AT ALL while walking down the streets with my handbag swinging around.
- We reached O redmango at Esplanade. KT & WN recommended yogurt from this outlet. Hubby & I had the 2-fruit-1-cereal yogurt combo. We chose blackberries, kiwi, and mixed nuts. Yummylicious!
- After saying goodbye to KT & WN, we met up with PL & MT for dinner at Hog's Breath Cafe, Chijmes. Seeing Apple Cider on the menu, I ordered it without second thoughts!
- After Chijmes, we adjourned to Marina Bay Sands.
- We spent the night "ogling" at the beauty of man-made garden at Gardens by the Bay and also the awesome three-tower structure. Too bad we could only view the Singapore Flyer from afar. I would love to go up that monstrous "wheel" one day.
- We had homemade breakfast at Pasir Ris before meeting up with DL & his wife CT for brunch at Tampines.
- The wantan mee hubby & I had for brunch was really good. The chili oil added extra kick to the noodles.
- On a side note, I enjoyed taking the MRT although we didn't have seats most of the time. Empty seats were available when we were traveling after 11 p.m.
- By the way, that handsome little pooch in the photo above is Summer, a Mini Maltese.
Monday morning & noon
- On the morning before we left Singapore, we met up with hubby's uncle & his wife for breakfast at Ya Kun Kaya Toast, Bugis Junction.
- Hubby & I had the Cheese Kaya Toast set that came with two huge soft-boiled eggs. Perfect brekkie!
- Then, we adjourned to Bugis Point for lunch and we all had Kueh Chap.
We will come back again for more adventure!
Have you read Road trip 1: Taiping?
You may also follow this tag: Travel for more updates. :)