Mocha Muffins Topped with Chocolate Chips and Chopped Almonds
Aren't they cute? This is my first attempt in baking muffins in an oven. My oven has been sitting in my kitchen collecting dust for the past two years. My baby is nine months old now and I decides to pick up a new hobby for some much-needed me-time. I have started making steamed cupcakes and today, I bake these sinful muffins!
By the way, those cutie wutie animal toothpick looking things are from Daiso. I tell you, I can't walk out of Daiso with nothing right? Lol.
Recipe adapted from here. Enjoy!
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup molasses sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
Some chocolate chips
Some chopped almonds
1. Heat oven to 200ºC. Line a 6-hole muffin pan with paper baking cups.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, milk, oil, coffee, and egg with a wire whisk.
4. Stir in flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula until combined. Batter is thick and sticky.
5. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle some chocolate chips and chopped almonds onto each cup.
6. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to cool.
7. Decorate with cute toothpicks before serving (or taking photos :P).
8. Eat and be merry!