Recipe adapted from here.
Cake in a mug. Fuss-free and easy to make. It's a good alternative if you want some desserts right now but lazy to drive out to buy. The ingredients are so simple and everyone's kitchen should have them.
3 tablespoons melted butter / any vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons milk
4 tablespoons plain flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
1. Choose a mug. Put butter/oil into mug.
2. Add in beaten egg and milk. Lightly beat with a fork until combined.
3. Add in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat with your fork until evenly mixed. Batter's consistency is runny.
4. Place mug in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes on high heat.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings (optional).
Note: Microwaved cakes are drier than their baked cousins. So, they are best eaten fresh once they are done. The longer they are exposed to air, the drier they become.