I'm very new in making cakes, cupcakes, muffins, etc. I've just picked up this hobby about a month ago. I made some steamed moist chocolate cupcakes last Sunday. Hubby and I were back in Kuala Terengganu for Mother's Day.
Recipe adapted from here.
180g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
200ml full cream milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Combine sugar, milk, and butter in a pan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
2. Add beaten eggs into the mixture from step 1 and stir well until evenly mixed.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into another mixing bowl. Pour in the egg mixture from step 2 and combine until evenly mixed. The batter should be runny in consistency.
4. Spoon batter into cupcake holders up to 3/4 full.
5. Steam over medium heat for 15 minutes in a preheated steamer (water is boiling).
Note: Next round, I want to add cream cheese frosting on top.