Milk-boosting Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I just wanna eat some cookies. So, why not bake some lactation cookies since I'm still breastfeeding my 21m2wo toddler? These protein-packed cookies with lots of organic rolled oats work really well as breast milk supply booster and energy booster!
Recipe adapted from The Leaky Boob.
(Makes 24 medium cookies)
1 cup unbleached plain flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup flax seed meal
2 tablespoons black sesame powder
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup molasses sugar
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, flax seed meal, and black sesame powder together.
3. In another bowl, beat oil and both types of sugar. Beat in the egg and milk. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients mixture until well combined. Be careful not to over mix. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Mix until all are combined.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough and place them on the prepared baking tray. Make sure to leave some room for the cookies to expand.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes for crispier cookies.
|Delicious, protein-packed goodies!|
|I love the chewiness of the rolled oats.|