Our 1-year anniversary wedding memeFriday, June 7, 2013
1. Where/how did you meet?
At a gathering with mutual friends.
2. How long have you known each other?
3.5 years from the day we met.
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
About 1.5 months.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
About 2 years. Engagement blog post here.
5. How long was your engagement?
About 6 months.
6. How long have you been married?
1 year! :D
7. When is your wedding anniversary?
The month of June.
8. Where was your wedding?
We had a beautiful Wedding Mass at St. Ignatius Church, PJ on a beautiful Saturday morning, followed by a semi-garden wedding luncheon at Rahsia Restaurant, KL. One week later, we had our dinner reception for immediate family friends at Ocean Restaurant, Kuala Terengganu. Wedding blog post here.
9. Describe your wedding dress.
The dress was chosen by my hubby. :) Sweetheart neckline, corset-back, princess skirt fitted with a can-can.
10. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Sunflowers, yellow gerberas.
11. What are your wedding bands?
Simple gold bands. My engagement ring is an Irish Claddagh gold ring.
12. How many people were there in your bridal entourage?
My sister is my maid-of-honor, 4 bridesmaids, 1 best man, 2 groomsmen.
13. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony?
No, I was hyperactive and couldn't stop smiling! My husband too!
14. What is the most special moment of your wedding day?
The moment Father Gerard announced, "By the solemn exchange of vows, Joyce and David have been united in Holy Matrimony. I announce to you that they are now husband and wife."
15. Any funny moments on your wedding day?
The decorative bouquet of bear and flowers flew of the car when we were driving.
16. Any big disasters on your wedding day?
Not on our side, but a few of our guests encountered problems with their car on their way to our wedding luncheon.
17. When and where did you go on your honeymoon?
The next day after the wedding. We went to Da Nang, Vietnam. Blog posts here.
18. How long was your honeymoon?
About a week.
19. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Nothing, it was already perfect!
20. What's your greatest strength as a couple?
We engage one another in projects we take on, i.e. household-related tasks, baby stuff, business trips, outings, family trips, etc.