Steamed banana cream cheese cupcakes
Note: This is my second time making steamed cupcakes. First attempt: Non-baked Japanese steamed cupcakes
Recipe is adapted from here.
90g cake flour*
1 & 1/3 teaspoons baking powder
100g cream cheese
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 & 1/2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
Banana puree (1 medium ripe banana)
* I make my own cake flour by measuring 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour. Remove 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and replace the removed all-purpose flour with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Note: Measurement conversion guide
1. Put cream cheese in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave for about 50 seconds to a minute until it's soft. Next, beat it with a whisk.
2. Add in molasses and mix well till smooth.
3. Take one egg and mix it in. Then, take the other egg and mix it in. Add in yogurt, virgin olive oil, and banana puree. Mix well.
4. Sift in cake flour and baking powder. Mix the batter by doing a cutting motion with a rubber spatula. Don't over-mix.
5. Spoon the batter into 9 cupcakes holders.
6. Steam for about 12-15 minutes.
7. Take a bamboo skewer and pierce one of the cupcakes. If the skewer comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
Served during tea time with a can of cold cafe latte. :)