|Zucchini, Potato & Cheese Muffin Loaf|
|Recipe adapted from the book|
Breads & Muffins, p. 10.
(Makes 12 muffins or one 7"x7" square loaf)
(A) 1 medium Russet potato, peeled & shredded; 1/2 medium zucchini, shredded & drained
(B) 75g butter, melted; 2 cups all-purpose flour; 3/4 cup corn flour; 1 tablespoon baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1 tablespoon muscovado sugar
(C) 2 small eggs; 1 cup milk; 40g Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 200°C for at least 10 minutes. Line a 7"x7" square cake tin with baking sheet.
2. Sift (B) in a large bowl. Add melted butter. Mix until combined.
3. Put (C) in a medium bowl and whisk well.
4. Add (A) into the egg-milk-cheese mixture. Then, pour this wet mixture into the flour-butter dry mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Pour batter into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave to cool in the cake tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack for further cooling.
|Before going into the preheated oven.|
|Bake for 45-50 minutes until top is golden brown.|
|Moist and hearty, good with your fav cuppa!|