Quick Korma with Quinoa Pasta
Inspired by this Creamy Veggie Korma that I cooked for my toddler, I looked up for another korma recipe from among IHCC's listed chefs. Found one good recipe from Nigel Slater.
Recipe adapted from here.
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium red onion
2 cloves garlic
5 green cardamom pods, shelled
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 bay leaf
4 lean chicken fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 green chilies, seeds removed, cut into slices
1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, cut into slices
2 small aubergines, cut into chunks
1/2 cup broccoli, blanched
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons crème fraiche
|The aromatic spices.|
1. Heat up butter in a deep frying pan until almost melted. Add onions and garlic.
2. Lightly crush the black seeds within the shelled cardamom pods. Add the crushed seeds to the pan with ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, curry powder, and bay leaf. Stir fry until fragrant over medium medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken fillet and stir fry for a few minutes. Add chilies, mushrooms, aubergines, and splashes of water to avoid burning. When the mushrooms and aubergines have softened, add about 1 cup of water. Stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, add broccoli. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Turn down heat to low. Gently stir in yogurt and crème fraîche. Serve with cooked quinoa pasta.
|Quinoa pasta that I bought from iHerb.|
|Dinner is served!|