It's IHCC's potluck week. I have aubergines in the fridge, so I look up for creative recipes that will do them some justice. Haha. Jamie Oliver has this recipe called Aubergine Lasagna. Sounds great!
Recipe adapted from here.
1/4 cup olive oil
3 small aubergines, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
2 cups fresh tomato paste
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3-4 store-bought lasagne sheets, room temperature
Olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly oil a casserole dish.
2. Heat up olive oil in a frying pan. Slowly fry the aubergine chunks, garlic, and chili flakes for about 10 minutes. Mash the aubergine until they become mushy.
3. Add the tomato paste and basil leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Spread a layer of the sauce in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the three types of cheeses and spread over a layer of lasagne sheet. Repeat until the dish is full. Top with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
|I can't wait to dig in!|
I'm linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) for this week's theme, September 2015 Potluck!