No-Bake Mini Cheesecake in A Jar
This is my first attempt in making cheesecake. So, I keep it simple by following an easy basic cheesecake recipe from here.
(Serves 12 mini cheesecakes if you use a 12-hole muffin pan)
200g digestive biscuits
120g unsalted butter, melted
250g cream cheese
200g sour cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100ml thickened cream, whipped to medium peak
Note: I use Heinz's baby food glass jars.
1. Crush the digestive biscuits in a ziplock bag until they are fine and crumbly. Add melted butter and blend until combined. Mixture should be slightly moist with visible fine crumbs.
2. Press about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of biscuit mixture to the bottom of each jar with a spoon. You can increase or decrease the amount according to your preference. Place the jars in the freezer while you make the rest of the cheesecakes.
3. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, icing sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixer's bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Fold in the whipped cream and beat until well combined.
5. Spoon the ready cheesecake mixture into the jars. Press down gently to avoid air pockets. Fill to the brim. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Top with mini cubed mango and animal-print toothpicks for decor.
7. Serve cold.