Baked Buttery & Cheesy Egg Cups
4 slices bread
2 slices streaky bacon, lightly fried and set aside
2 slices chicken roll, cut into small pieces
3 slices Cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
10 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
Butter, prepare 4 little cubes, room temperature
Extra butter for greasing
Note: If you want to increase serving sizes, you can modify the amount of the ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cut off all crusts and flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin or a mug. Lightly butter one side.
3. Grease muffin pan with butter. Stuff the flattened bread slices (butter side up) in the muffin pan to form cups.
4. Place a little cube of butter into each cup. Sprinkle bacon, chicken roll, cheese, and cherry tomato halves into each cup.
5. Spoon beaten egg into each cup and top with more cheese.
6. Bake the egg cups for 15-18 minutes. Serve hot with a cup of your favorite beverage. :)
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organized by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Jozelyn from Spice Up My Kitchen at this post (June 2014: Butter).