Eggless Chocolate Banana Muffins
I have half a bunch of over-ripen pisang emas. They are turning blackish and my baby won't eat them. The most economical way to use them up (instead of throwing them away) is by baking them into muffins. They are great snacks for mommy, and baby too!
Recipe adapted from here.
(Yields 6 muffins)
4 very ripe small bananas (I use pisang emas)
1 & 1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup light muscovado sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Some icing sugar for dusting, optional
1. Preheat oven to 190°C for at least 10 minutes.
2. Grease a muffin pan with butter / vegetable oil / cooking spray. I use a muffin pan with bear-shaped cups and grease them with virgin coconut oil.
3. In a medium bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside.
4. Peel bananas and mash them with a fork in a small bowl. Add virgin coconut oil, vanilla extract, milk, and muscovado sugar. Mix well.
5. Add wet ingredients (from step 4) to dry ingredients (from step 3). Give the mixture a few quick stirs until flour is moistened.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
8. Let cool for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
9. Dust with icing sugar (optional).