Pork, Chicken and Potato Begedil (Fried Patties)
This is one of my hubby's favorite snacks. I add pork for some lovely porcine goodness. :)
(Makes 8 patties)
3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
1/2 cup minced pork + minced chicken
2 sprigs Chinese parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup fried shallots
A handful of Panko breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Boil potatoes until soft; drain and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix potatoes, minced meat, Chinese parsley, fried shallots, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Use a fork to mash and mix everything well.
4. Dust hands with some flour and shape the mixture into flat patties.
5. Heat up vegetable oil and fry patties in hot oil. Turn the patties while frying to make sure both sides are evenly fried and cooked.
6. Remove from frying pan when patties turn a crispy golden brown.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up (July 2014 Event: Potato) organized by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids), Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker).