Fresh Dragon Fruit & Cranberries Chia Jam
This is very delicious. I can just scoop and eat it like that! The original recipe by Bobby Flay is called Fresh Chia & Berry Jam. I substitute berries with dragon fruit and dried cranberries. I think the colors should do alright. And they do look good! My little one loves it too, he eats 3/4 of a little jar on his own this morning. :)
(Yields 1 & 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 small purple dragon fruit, chopped into cubes
1/4 cup dried cranberries, soaked until soft & drained
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Put chia seeds in a small bowl, add 4 tablespoons of water and stir to combine. Let chia seeds sit until water is absorbed and mixture becomes soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Put the dragon fruit, cranberries, honey, and lemon juice in a bowl and mash with a fork until jam-like consistency. Taste for sweetness and add more honey or a pinch of molasses sugar if needed.
3. Spoon the hydrated chia seeds into the berry mixture and stir to combine, using fork to break up lumps of chia until evenly combined.
4. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken. Can be made two days in advance and stored, covered in the refrigerator.
5. To serve, spoon over Greek yogurt and top with fresh fruits and/or granola.
|Look at those teeny-weeny seeds.|
|I love the colors. They are just so pretty!|
|I keep them in the fridge. They are best eaten cold.|
I'm linking this post to Cook like a Star (Bobby Flay) organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat Your Heart Out, and Grace from Life can be simple.