Cream Cheese Horlicks Hazelnut Bread
Last week, I baked a loaf of Cheddar Cheese Bread. This week, I use cream cheese and I add some Horlicks powder and hazelnut meal to get that lovely malty and nutty flavor!
(Makes a 2lb bread)
2/3 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened & cubed
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons molasses sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Horlicks powder
1/4 cup hazelnut meal (ground hazelnut powder)
2 cups bread flour
1 cup wholemeal bread flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1. By following the bread maker's manual, I have listed the ingredients' sequence correctly - in terms of which ingredient goes into the bread maker first - in the list above.
2. Close the lid, select the "basic" setting, loaf size (2lb), crust type (light), and press start.
3. Once the baking cycle is done, remove the bread pan from the machine to cool down.
Note: Please add the ingredients into the bread pan by following your bread maker's manual.
|The freshly baked loaf.|
|To be sliced soon!|
|I love the aroma of freshly sliced bread.|
|Close-up view of a slice.|
Breakfast is perfect today: eating fresh homemade bread with my fresh dragon fruit & cranberries chia jam.
If you're interested, here are some reference links:
1. How I retain the bread loaf's freshness and softness.
2. Personal tips about using Cornell Bread Master bread maker (at the end of the post).
3. My homemade bread recipes archive.
4. Functions available on Cornell Bread Master bread maker.