Chicken, Broccoli & Ham Gratin
This week, IHCC celebrates Diana Henry one last time with the theme Farewell Diana Henry! So, I'm sharing her gratin recipe to join this farewell party with the rest of the IHCC members. :)
Recipe adapted from here.
200g broccoli, steamed until just tender
40g ham, cut into small pieces
10g unsalted butter
1 & 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
Salt and pepper
45g grated Parmesan cheese
200g cooked chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a small gratin dish or tart pan with oil.
2. Make a white sauce by melting the butter and stirring in the flour to form a roux. Cook over a low heat for a couple of minutes, then take off the heat and start adding water a little drop at a time, stirring well after each addition to make sure the liquid is well incorporated and the mixture is lump free.
3. Gradually add the milk in the same way. Return to the heat once all the liquid has been added and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. The sauce will thicken considerably. Once it's boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about four minutes to cook the flour.
4. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
5. Lay steamed broccoli in the prepared pan, season, then top with cooked chicken and ham. Pour the sauce over the top and bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
6. Serve immediately.
I'm linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) for this week's theme, Farewell Diana Henry!