Light Buttermilk Wholemeal Bread
Wanna eat healthy homemade bread again, so I bake a loaf of wholemeal bread for breakfast. Homemade bread makes great snack for my 20mo++ toddler too.
Recipe adapted from here.
(Makes a 2lb bread)
1 cup buttermilk
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 grade A egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 & 3/4 cups bread flour
1 & 1/4 cups wholemeal bread flour
1 & 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
1. By following the bread maker's manual, I have listed the ingredients' sequence correctly - in terms of which ingredient goes into the bread maker first - in the list above.
2. Close the lid, select the "basic" setting, loaf size (2lb), crust type (light), and press start.
3. Once the baking cycle is done, remove the bread pan from the machine to cool down.
Note: Please add the ingredients into the bread pan by following your bread maker's manual.
|I love the dome top!|
|Removed from the bread maker pan.|
|Light, soft, fluffy slices for breakfast!|
If you're interested, here are some reference links:
1. How I retain the bread loaf's freshness and softness.
2. Personal tips about using Cornell Bread Master bread maker (at the end of the post).
3. My homemade bread recipes archive.
4. Functions available on Cornell Bread Master bread maker.