I got this couple checklist from the September issue of Female magazine.
Top 9 characteristics of a successful relationship
- Friendship: That's true, sometimes when the hubby and I are talking, we are like old friends catching up. It's true about your spouse being your best friend.
- Humor: The hubby is not one of those crazy "hee-hee-haa-haa" guys. He is not Psy (you know, Psy from the Gangnam phenomenon). But, he has his certain ways - especially with words and sentences - that make me laugh till my stomach hurts.
- Communication: This is a lifetime lesson. We avoid "cold wars" as much as we can. I can be quite cranky sometimes; he makes an effort to understand what I want, and I try my best to practice to be less cranky. :P
- Equal chore-sharing: Believe it or not, the hubby sometimes offers to do laundry. He can even do some simple cooking. :)
- Sexual intimacy: This is NSFW, so let me keep this for private consumption. :)
- Affection: I "demand" for hugs, hold hands, and little kisses all the time. Hahaha!
- Mutual and separate social lives: Yeah, we do have.
- Reliability; doing what you say and saying what you do: Ummm. Not easy because sometimes we don't really mean what we say or do. LOL!
- Relationship vision: To have kids and build our little kingdom! :D