Today's post for my Fill in the Blank Friday series.
- My favorite flower is and shall forever be, the sunflower. I've always love gazing at these tall, cheerful yellow flowers with a seedy face, especially on bright, sunny days in the garden. Sorrow will turn into joy miraculously and spontaneously! Sunflowers always direct their face towards the sunlight. This inspires me to look to the bright side of whichever gloomy situation. Ain't this a sweet way Mother Nature uses to remind us to be happy? From my previous blog post back in 2010.
- You should never talk about too much personal stuff to people whom you think are friends. Sometimes they might use back what you say against you; sometimes they are in fact, snitches; and most of the time, they fantasize their own assumptions that lead to ugly misunderstanding. I have had my fair share of such misfortune this quarter of the year. I'm still recuperating.
- My favorite discovery as of late is that we are sharing things online for two main reasons: connection and expression. Results are from the 2012 Global State of Mobile Etiquette and Digital Sharing survey by Intel.
Top online sharing pet peeves: Profanity; shorthand language; mundane details; inappropriate info share with co-workers; poor spelling and grammar; explicit photos; constant complaining; controversial topics; bragging; private info; sharing only about one subject.
Top reasons why people are sharing online: It's a habit; to share what cannot be shared openly in other settings; to make new friends; so that other people can learn more about me; to find other people with common interests or hobbies; to keep others informed about what is going on in my life; to express my opinions or make a statement; to feel connected with others; to stay informed with what others are doing.
The most popular places around the world people are sharing: Vacation; eating a meal with others; sporting event; hospital; bathroom; child's activity; concert venue; movie theater; airplane; wedding; gym; on a date; religious venue; business meeting; funeral.
- This fall you will probably find me wearing ummm... there's no fall in Malaysia, so I will still be wearing my normal day-to-day attire, mainly a simple top, my favorite jeans, and flats.
- I wish I were sitting at a hair saloon, getting my hair trimmed, and pampering myself with hair and scalp treatment. This is a much-needed and long overdue treat for myself.
- My favorite TV show currently is surprisingly, none. I don't watch TV shows. I watch movies at the cinema.
- This weekend I want to get the Oktoberfest 2012 limited edition 1L Tiger mug! My hubby and I have the 2010 and 2011 mugs. :)